29.9.05

Podcasts...

I decided to start listening to podcasts again. I forgot how entertaining and how broad the topics can get. Currently I am listening to "Fly With Me" which is a podcast by Joe Dion. It has an interesting viewpoint since Mr. Dion is an employee of a major U.S. airline. He gets to interview pilots, attendants, and even passengers. He had an interesting take on the emergency landing of Jet Blue Flight 292. He has the actual recording of the pilot, Scott Burke, and tower control dicussing their options when the error showed up on the pilot's monitors. Its very surreal how to hear how calm and collected the pilots are even under such a severe emergency situation. Well I gotta take a test here in a bit so I will finish this post later...
**********************************************************************************************
Ok the test was easy as pie... basically a C++ one... no biggie... anyways... back to the podcasts. I was also listening to Tips from the Top Floor and learnt some really neat tricks to play with DOF. In all my years of photog, it was never really explained properly to me how it worked out properly, but the show gave a really good little experiment to learn. Basically, first set your camera to the widest apeture (lowest number) and focus on something about 3 feet away, also have the camera really stationary. Take a shot then adjust the f stop up a notch or two and take another picture. Continue in this pattern till you run out of stops... so from 1.8-22 or so, whichever your camera will let you... When you look at the pictures you will get neat results. Like below:

Courtesy of Wikipedia

Well I am goin to get back to my iSabelle and listen to more podcasts. I downloaded something from FOXCAST about the Simpsons... not sure what it is, but we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home