13.12.05

Year older...

I am 22 now. Turned 22 back on the 9th and had a decent birthday. I didnt do much just went and finished my last final exam, worked out some chores round the house, got a haircut, and then shot out to W&M to spend the rest of the day with Anna. When I got there I was a bit upset since she never said Happy Birthday to me but it was cause she had a surprise planned for when I finally got there. So when I got there she met me outside to go straight out and get the tickets for Narnia that night (which by the way was an awesome movie). I was hungry so I wanted to get something to eat but she was set upon getting dressed up and so we needed to go back to the dorm. At first I was a bit put off cause that was just more driving that I would have to do. When I got out of the car though I looked up to the window to her place and realized what was goin on. She had emblazoned across the archway in the kitchen a big sign that said "Happy Birtday Joe". That is not a typo... What happened was that she htought I would come alot later than I did. So when I called to update her of where I was she rushed to finish the banner and before she knew what she was doing she had dropped the "h" in Birthday. It was adorable. Then to get it taken care of further, she had her roomie color them in while we were out gettin the tickets. Anna is by far the best thing to happen to me since I started to breathe. She just adds such quality to my life. I cant wait for the day when I never have to leave her...

Now onto Narnia. That was by far the BEST adaptation of that movie to film. Given, the 1986 TV versions were cool for their day and age and were extremely accurate, they just didnt have the magical feel that reading would give since the characters were created so cheaply. In fact in some scenes the mythical characters were 2D cartoon drawings superimposed on the rest of the film. Now Im not a purest saying that all creatures and characters should be tangible, but there should be some degree of realism. And when the characters look like Prismacolor pictures that have come to life, you know there is a problem. In the new version though, ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) pulled out all the stops. I have to admit that George Lucas must have been putting some serious cash into the renderfarms over there cause the characters CG or not reacted wonderfully and totally believably with all others around it. Aside from that the story is of course one of the most wonderful epics of the 20th century. Just like the Greeks have Homer's epic stories, we have C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia and J.R.R. Tolkien's World of Middle-earth. Ok its getting late and I have more junk to do. I have to get ready for this trip to India so I got clothes that need washing and clothes to be broken out of storage since after all I havent had any summer wear out since September. I'm out, later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home