8.2.06

Final Inking...



Finally finished with my paint job. I really can't do much more. I had the nice tribal flames but honestly with the Kanji it just didnt feel right. It was like having import graphics plastered all over a classic muscle car. Just a conflict of cultures and design. So I wiped the flames off... (long story how that came about) and decided to go for something a bit more Manga/Anime. Ass you can see the result came out quite nice. I really did like the flames but honestly I dont think they would have looked right unless I were to maybe reflect the flames and have them go towards each other. I got the Samurai from the Animatrix episode, Program. Out of the nine Animatrix episodes, Program is the closest to resembling typical anime. Not to downplay the other works though because they were all great pieces of work. I just like the style of anime that takes on the fuedal period of Japan, with Shoguns and Samurai. In the same way that the medieval Europe is iconified through stories like King Authur and the Knights of the Roundtable, I like the contemporary depictions of pre-Tokugawa Japan with conflicting Shogunates and clans. One of my favorite animes is Ninja Scroll. Extremely graphic in its content and beautifully drawn and inked, it is a moving painting with such detail and fluidity. Anway, I went with the depiction of Duo from Program because it was a very stark image with alot of color and is very bold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home