6.2.06

Inking is interesting

Well as some of the previous posts from January show I had done some artistic work to my laptop to try and make it stand out. I had the Japanese Kanji characters for Love & Anna on one side of my laptop lid and then on the opposite side I had some sweet looking tribal flames. Minor problem with this was a conflict of style. The Japanese calligraphy heralded back to the Meiji period of Japan whilst the tribal flames were a reference to the pin striping and hot rod days of the late 40s and 50s. I decided I would instead get rid of the flames and in their place put in a piece of Japanese artwork. So I searched around the web to try and figure out if I could find a woodblock print of a Samurai or maybe a carp or coi fish in the Japanese style with the fish intertwined or something. I finally did decide on a pattern but one that was a bit more contemporary. I will post a picture when it is finished but not until then. I will say that it’s not more than a couple years old. And it goes with the theme of my blog. If you know me you should be able to figure out what the new image will be. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home