17.3.06

The fancy little piece of carbon...

At the beginning of time when God called the Earth into being it was first in a time of upheaval. God was there over the surface of the void and wanted to create something. Well He began to speak plants and animals into being but some slipped under the surface of the Earth as He walked around. That organic debris was consumed by the Earth’s crust and was then exposed to immense pressure and heat from the every changing mantle and magma. That bit of sludge then began to change. Under those forces that little piece of carbon goop turned into a solidified organized chunk of molecules.

Ages passed, empires arose and fell; and deep underground that piece of carbon was now harder than any element on Earth and was fast cutting its way to the surface. Then it was found. Human hands touched it for the first time since God created it under foot. A skilled artisan was called in and then slowly but surely formed it into a precious stone. A ring of precious metal was molded and the stone was set in place…

Now I gotta shell out $3500 little pieces of paper to get the honor of keeping that little piece of carbon…

Yea so I am now in the market and shopping. Not that I will be proposing within the next couple of months, but I usually research a toy I buy for a few months before I buy. This little gem (quite literally) will be shaping the rest of my adult life, so of course I will be shopping around for QUITE some time. So I am trying to learn as much as possible. So here’s what I am trying to memorize… fun stuff


Thanks to www.diamondgrading.com for the info










































Color
D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Fancy
Scale Colorless Near
Colorless
Faint
Yellow
Very
Light Yellow
<------Light
Yellow------>
Color

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home