30.12.06

Life

So my life is in a huge shift. I am getting busier and busier. I remember when I was little I used to think that I would get a job and come home relax. Its interesting though to see how that is not the case and how in reality things are just getting busier. I mean its not like my fairy tale life is being destroyed but its one of those things that become more relevant.

I mean now I think of ways to improve the kitchen and bathroom of my house. The craziest part... I don't even live in that house yet. Today I was cleaning up my parents garage and arranging old photos and papers. When I look at them I see a fresh faced young boy who's only joy at the time is the 1:64 scale model of Jamestown that was painstakingly assembled from Popsicle sticks and clay. I then fast forward to now and see how my concern now is of mortgages, marble countertops, and closet space. Its just crazy how life advances in such ways. From Star Wars movies and camouflage to more pressing concerns like Wedding registries and wall colors. Wow. Thats how life is. The words from scripture come to mind:

1 Corinthians 13:11 ~ When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home