31.12.06

The New Year

So a couple hours until the New Year. Well more than just a couple but needless to say less than 12 hours. So much to reflect on with the passing of this year. The major advancement of my life happened in the last half of the year. I finished college, got a real career shaping kind of job, and made the woman I love my fiancee. My life has moved forward in leaps and bounds. As I said in previous posts I have also noticed that the things that I focus on have also changed. From concerns about trivial things, I now concern myself with bathroom remodeling and kitchen redesign. Its comforting though. Its a surreal thought to think of all that has and will continue to change in my life. Finances and priorities will all adjust to my new life with my soon-to-be wife and with my home. What is eerie is my lack of fear. I am not worried at all about the coming changes. I am excited for it. I am in fact in some ways wanting to rush into it headlong. Its not that I wanna rush into marriage (that takes time and planning). But I am thoroughly excited about the future and about what other things I will have to make decisions.

Well I have to get some food in me but I want to write more so I will shortly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mr. joe its good phil the other dodson (aka) the bad phil..
hey i happened to google my own name today and i found one article it was my commnet to your old blogger site for our class (takes time to reminice) good times great that your still at blogging heard you dont work at school anymore (must have graduted and become uber successfull!! anyway class totally rocked maybe you post some more stuff so i can comment yeah!!!!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home